Translator / Übersetzer

Samstag, 21. Dezember 2013

About the chaos and the long way home - Lima, San Juan, Deutschland

Lima! Last official destination of my travel.
What a city. A third of the peruvian population lives there. In between chaotic trafic (for real - it might have been more quiet and secure in Malaysia and China). Y aunque habia chaos también hay lugares tranquilos para disfrutar. Miraflores, un bario de Lima en el mar, por ejemplo es muy lindo, limpio y organizado. Hay muchos parques y por supuesto - flores. (3 fotos)
Lamentablemente el centro de Lima parece muy triste - hay casa con colores, pero faltan parques, lugares verdes (el parque en la foto es una excepción)... (foto)
I arrived in the morning by bus and walked to the city center. A bit later i met Sandra from Couchsurfing and she showed me a bit around in the city. So we also went up to the hill of San Christobal for a good view and a picture (foto with the cross).
Later that day I met Eduardo - a nice peruvian guy i met in Berlin at the very beginning of my travel :) We went to a park with nice fountains (2nd picture shows me with the worlds highest fountain!) and when it got dark they had a nice laser show there! (3 photos)
The second day I did another free walking tour and then went to the airport. The traffic in Lima is really chaotic. Having a loud horn helps. And just trying to drive first - maybe the others drivers care more about their cars. And never use the lights when turning! Plus my bus driver was cholerical. :)

For security reasons I already went to the airport at about 6pm although my flight was at 3am... Well, traveling since a long time I know how to amuse myself for not getting bored :)
The thing was, i slept sitting at the gate and kind of missed the boarding until someone in front of me asked for my name... well, i made it just before take-off :)

Arriving in San Juan (Puerto Rico) meant a lot of security checks. But all ok. As I had more than 7 hours here I left the airport walking to the close by beach. (2 pictures). It was about 30 degree warm but a bit windy. And Fred could not take it easy - he had to drink a bottle of tasty foamy liquid covered with a typical brown paper bag ^^ (photo)

After a 10 hours flight I arrived in Frankfurt. As I didn't know a thing about how to get from there to the 'Autobahn' and was also a bit tired I decided to go by train with a multi-person ticket trying to find other travelers to share the costs. Well, it saved me some money...

Speaking about arriving here we have to talk about us germans... I think i mentioned it before: WHERE ARE OUR HAPPY FACES??? It started with the first grumpy germans in the airplane and went on for the next hours on the train. Really many people just stare or look grumpy. The good news are: some of them  started smiling back when I smiled widely at them. Ok - some others got scared...

Dear german sisters and brothers (and other nationalities as well!): Please, SMILE!!! :) For making it a nicer day to some other people as well...

I met a bunch of nice people during my train ride. It didn't get boring at all and I had some time to 'study' the german customs watching the other passengers. Some for example knitted or amused their children.

How does it feel coming back? Really weird... I had less problems speaking german again than I thought first. But sometimes I begin sentences or just emphasizes in the wrong language. Also: I am kind of missing the 'problems' of speaking in another language. Which also make it funnier and more interesting to talk. I remember well all the habits and the way of life here, but seeing them now I think more about them.

Of course my return was also quite emotional for me. Volver a mi patria, por supuesto tenía emociones... And I saw all the typical Christmas lights and the 'Weihnachtsmarkt'. We really do have a nice culture here. And coming back to here from Peru I felt like a dwarf!!! So many people here are taller than me... completely different from my last countries traveled.

I am back for now! (Photo of my family) And I will leave again - for more adventures and experiences all over the world...

See you soon, my friends! I am always happy about visitors :)

Your Miguel/Mikael/Михаил/Michael


 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen