Translator / Übersetzer

Dienstag, 10. September 2013

Breathtaking moments

After a night with no sleep in KL and 45 minutes in front of my hosts (Data) door trying to wake him up with phone calls and hammering at his door i took my flight to the perhenthian islands on Malaysias east coast. 1h by taxi from the airport and 30 minutes on a speed boat - and there I was.
A tourist crowded paradise. Hell and heaven. More tourists than locals. I felt quite bad there the first 2 days until i became friends with some malaysian guys and girls working there as cook, waitress, cleaner and housekeeper. :)
But the nature was awesome. My first rainforest experience. No cars on the island. The path on the second picture through the rainforest was THE way (connecting the 2 main beaches with a 5 minutes walk) and the only way for regular touristical use.
Unfortunately on this island there were only 3 couchsurfer and none of them could host me, so I stayed in a hostel for the first time of my travel. Well, in Malaysia it is quite cheap. Nevertheless, i missed the contact to locals.
Some days i tried to catch a perfect sunset, but i never succeeded because of clouds. On the evenings i always hurried to get into the rainforest on some small trails to see some flesh eating plants, abandoned houses and 2m long lizards. (photos)
On the second day i started my Scuba Open Water Diving Course. And guys, i can tell you, this was really exhausting! 4 days, every day 2 sessions of either theorie or diving with many exercises. This is why I only was able to do some short trips to the rainforest. I did my course together with Monika, a polish traveler. (Photo)
About diving: I was fascinated by the human body strength and the physics of diving. But i also learned again how fear feels. Fear not because of strange fish swarms swimming close to me or the depth (up to 18m for me) itself. But fear because of the knowledge that you can't just go up again once you are down there because your body would get serious injured by a too fast ascend to the surface. I will just describe the most scary exercise: taking of my mask (which is placed over nose and eyes) in a depth of about 12m and breath (without mask!) through the mouth for a minute and then swimming some meters without the mask. Putting the mask on my face again it is (of course) filled completely with water, so you also have to clear the mask exhaling quickly and hard through the nose... Brathtaking in a scary way.
I am happy i got my diving license now and these exercises are over :)
Of course I also saw some nice big and small fishes and corals. And a 60cm turtle. Later i went snorkeling and there were some about 2m long sharks maybe 5m below and a 2m gigantic turtle swimming right below me. Brathtaking in an awesome way :D (i have no waterproof camera, but maybe i get some pictures soon)
Of course there were also parties and fireshows and dancing, but as the days already were very exhausting I only went there twice.
After 5 days i left the island and went back to Kota Bharu on the east coast. I spend a nice day there with the lovely chinese family of my host Hui. They drove me around in the car for half the day and showed me some thai temples and buddhas largest laying statue. And it was a real challenge for me to pay the bill at least for one for our several restaurant visits (e.g. photo of coconut drink) because they always invited me :)
The next day i flew back to KL and from there directly to MELBOURNE...

I will try to update Melbourne soon, as i am already for some days in Tasmania.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen