Translator / Übersetzer

Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

Am Rio de la Plata - Buenos Aires

Continent number 4 of my travel to some of my most favorite spots of the world!!! (I kind of flew over Antarctica from New Zealand to Argentina, but didn't have a window seat to see something.)
My day 15th of October was 40 hours long because of the time shift while flying...
I arrived in Buenos Aires at about 8pm at night. I couldn't buy a mobile phone sim card there amd it was difficult to find a bank and change money, but all worked after some time.
I took the bus from the airport to the 35km distant City Center. But there is no fast bus! Means 2 hours of zigzag to the center! Without a simcard i had difficulties contacting my host, so I spent the first night in a hostel.
Next day i met her, Nati (originally from Uruguay). She gave me the most interesting Couchsurfing-tours ever! Why? Because, my very first day in Buenos Aires I went with her and a friend to a very poor neighborhood! She works as a volunteer trying to encourage the people living there to get out of their miserable situation and to fight for their rights. This was probably the most untouristical thing I have ever done. I saw boys peeing in the street nedt to us, pigs and horses trying to find food in between all the rubbish in the 'street'. 15 year old girls pregnant the second time. Small maybe 15m2 'houses' (of course no glas windows and no brick walls) in which 3 generations lived. I have been told a lot of people here are originally from poorer countries like Paraguay. I didn't feel unsave there, but as I am a 'Gringo' it was definitely good I was guided by two locals and a older woman living there. What an interesting experience. Made me think about people and poverty.
I took pictures wherever it was save and appropriate. (3 pictures)

About Buenos Aires in general:
All day and night temperatures about 20 to 25 degree at this time.
A lot of people walk through the street singing.
A lot of artists show their work on the streets, others try to sell small goods.
Homeless people sleep directly on the pathways, also during daytime in lively regions of the city center.
Zur Sicherheit wird der RUCKsack oft zum BAUCHsack umfunktioniert, besonders in den immer vollen Bussen und Zügen, bei denen, man oft noch/schon während langsamer Fahrt ab-und zuspringen muss. Die Türen sind fast immer offen, manche Passagiere fahren halb außen mit. (Foto)
Begrüßung generell mit Küsschen auf die rechte Wange, auch Männer untereinander.
Das Spanisch hier ist gewöhnungsbedürftig: z.B. aus 'y' und 'll' wird 'ch'.
Fast alle Straßen sind nach anderen südamerikanischen Städten und Ländern benannt.
Viele Männer sind Machos und lassen Frauen gegenüber Sprüche los.
Vielleicht auch deswegen reagieren einige Frauen nicht, drehen sich weg oder erschrecken, wenn ich sie anspreche um mal wieder nach dem Wege zu fragen. Viele vermeiden um Aggressionen auszulösen generell Augenkontakt in der Straße.
Überall wird frisch aufgebrühte Mate getrunken, eine Art starker Tee mit viel Kraut und wenig Wasser. Man benutzt dabei eine Art Strohhalm mit Sieb (Foto).
Es gibt viele Straßenverkäufer, Bettler und Künstler, die sich in der Bahn etwas Geld verdienen wollen.
Es gibt riesige Einbahnstraßen mit mindestens 14 Spuren (ich bin beim Zählen durcheinander gekommen).
Durch die unsichere argentinische Wirtschaft sind Dollars und Euro sehr beliebt und man erzielt auf dem 'Parallelmarkt' beim Geldwechseln in der Straße Wechselkurse ca. 1,5 fach vom offiziellen Kurs. Es lohnt sich also Geld einzuführen und dort zu tauschen.
They have a lot of tasty delicious food here. And you can buy a lot in small Imbiss huts in the street.

Es folgen 5 Bilder von schönen Orten in Buenos Aires, deren es einige gibt!
Des besondern zu erwähnen ist meiner Meinung nach ein alter Friedhof (Foto) mit vielen kleinen Gässchen zwischen kirchenähnlichen Gruften und Gräbern. Für mich der neue schönste Friedhof der Welt (Sorry Uppsala/Schweden).
Im Stadtviertel la boca gibt es 3 nette Sträßchen namens el caminito. In dieser bunten Künstlergegend wimmelt es von Tangotänzern, gemalter Kunst und natürlich Touristen.  (2 Fotos)
What nobody in the tourist information told me: apart from el caminito the area la boca is a quite dangerous place to be! At least for 'Gringos' like me. I was walking there and was robbed. Luckily they only took my wallet, not my passport nor other important things. Just another experience while traveling...
Am nächsten Tag war ich mit meiner Gastgeberin Nati unterwegs. Sie und ihre Bauchtänzergruppe haben einen flashmob im Park organisiert (Foto).

Another day I did something else which i was very curious about. I visited an argentinian secundaria, something like a german Gesamtschule. Because of my Couchsurfing contacts i met Lucia, a teacher for maths. I watched 2 of her lessons and also took some pictures (one picture uploaded). German pupils: be happy about the circumstances of your education! The pupils were nice, the lessons in my opinion chaotic. Most interesting for me was that there were only 2 calculators this day for the 15 pupils. The school just had no more and the pupils cannot afford to buy them. Es war eher unansehnlich in der Schule, wenn auch nicht ekelerregend. Dafür werden tolle Lehrer auch von ihren Schülern mit dem fast obligatorischen Küsschen begrüßt :)

Außerdem habe ich die Familie Simone wiedergetroffen! Die Argentinier, die mir den Flug zwischen Irkutsk und Peking verkürzt haben. Ich wurde zu einer kurzen Tour und einem leckeren Abendessen eingeladen. In the picture it is Mara and Ezequiel with me.

Ein weiterer Ausflug führte mich ins Flussdelta des Paraná (Foto) eines großen Zuflusses des bis zu 200km breiten Zusammenflusses des Rio de la Plata (Foto).

My spanish is ok, at least better as my russian. It is difficult sometimes but never impossible :D
And now let's go south again! Ushuaia, Tierra del fuego i am coming!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen