Translator / Übersetzer

Dienstag, 8. Oktober 2013

Eastcoast of New Zealand - Christchurch and Dunedin

Hey mates!
I arrived in Christchurch on 1st of october late at night. Nevertheless, when i arrived at my hosts house there was still light and i got into the middle of a small workday night party of 5 french people =)
My hosts (first picture) were a french guy and 3 czechs. All really cool guys, i loved my stay there! Especially the steak-and-beer-night. I spend some time in the city and also met some other couchsurfers. And i finally also took the time to recover completely from my cold.
As Christchurch was hit by a bad earthquake about 2 and a half years ago there was not that much going on like expected for the biggest city of the southern island. A lot of places in town are still under construction. I uploaded 2 more pictures: the destroyed cathedral and the "Re:Start" a funny looking shopping mall completely build from containers (was just the easiest way after the earthquake).
After 2 days i left by bus to Dunedin, the students town :) unfortunately did none of the couchsurfers there accept my request, which meant i had to go to a hostel for the third time while traveling since already 2,5 months. But it was a nice hostel with nice company there, although just too many germans!!! You just don't travel around the globe for meeting people from Düsseldorf and Bochum...
Well, i spend some time with some other travelers Rita, Jasmin and Jess (photo). We managed to get to a FREE concert with FREE food (well, it was non-tasty grilled sausage,  but nevertheless: for free!) and with FREE beer!!! How nice is that!?!? :D
Why did I go to Dunedin in the first place? Because of my previous pupils back in Germany! While teaching steepness and how to measure it I googled the steepest street in the world. And my pupils then told me: "Oh, Mr Vogel, look! It is in New Zealand. You can visit it!" Well, now i did! (The rest of the pictures)
Baldwin street really is quite a thing =) I ran in up trying to beat the record! I think i only failed because of the strong wind blowing in my face :D
By the way: the street has no asphalt because it would flow away!

The next post is coming soon! Stay tuned. And use warm clothes (i heard it is getting quite chilly in Germany)
Cheers, Michael

PS: Find out yourself what the last picture is about...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen